Playlist - My Favourite Music Right Now

It's been a while since my last post so I thought I'd share with you some of the most played songs on my Spotify Playlists from the past few weeks. I've decided to rename 'Music of the Moment' to Playlist, it conveys what I'm trying to say a lot easier and it sounds less "cheesy". 

There's been so many good album/single releases over the past few weeks. On top of this, within the next 2 weeks the most widely anticipated album of the year will be released, ARTPOP by Lady Gaga, I wonder how it'll sound? Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure it will rocket to the top of the charts all over the world. 

So here's my most played/favourite albums of the past few weeks:

1 - Lorde - Pure Heroine


Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor - Known by her stage name: Lorde - A 16 year old from New Zealand has taken the world by surprise with her album 'Pure Heroine'. Her song 'Royals' (one of my favourites on the album) shot to the top of the charts all over the world. She's the first ever solo new Zealand artist to score a number 1 on the US Billboard 100!

2 - M.I.A - MATANGI


Matangi is the fourth stuido album from English-Sri Lankan artist M.I.A! She's been in the news over the past year for being quite a controversial artist (the NFL are suing her for swearing during her SuperBowl performance last year). Her recent album launch party featured the whistle-blower Julian Assange giving a speech about what a great person M.I.A is, not something you see everyday! The song 'Double Bubble Trouble' is by far my favourite on the album.

3 - Katy Perry - Prism


Finally, Katy Perry's 'Prism' has featured in my playlist as it is one of my favourite/most played albums over the past week or so. I LOVE quite a few songs on the album, Unconditionally, Birthday & This Is How We Do just to name a few. The album has scored the number 1 spot in countries all around the globe! It's already been certified 'GOLD' by the British BPI for selling over 100,000 copies!

That's all for today! Once again thanks for reading and check back soon for more posts!

Charlie