It's been a while!

Having not blogged for a few weeks, I thought it was only right for me to post something tonight! 

Once again I've been extremely busy working to save money so I can do various things over the Summer with friends. Other than that I've spent a lot of time on the Internet & my laptop, and this is what I wanted this post to be all about.

As I've recently finished my second year at university, I'm starting to think about what I'd like to do in the near future and after graduation in 2015. Social media is a big part of mine and any student's life, whether it's to update friends where in the UK you are or if you're posting a picture of the Starbucks you've just had. 

It was so hot today in Sheffield, Starbucks have a current promotion 'Happy Hours', every day between 3 & 5pm, all Frapps are half price! I had a Venti Strawberry and Cream Frapp, only £1.70 (BARGAIN)!!!

I'd like to thing I'm pretty 'savvy' when it comes to all things social media, however I only really use the big sites which I'll write about later in this post!

The sites I currently use the most are the predictable big 3:

Facebook & Twitter & Instagram

I use these sites to keep up to date with my friends as well as 'following' my favourite celebrities and leaders within society to know what's happening in the world around me. As well as this I post photos of my daily life to my Instagram page to my 200+ followers.

I've recently discovered a relatively new & really interesting site - www.Klout.com

According to the site, 'Influence is the ability to drive action. When you share something on social media or in real life and people respond, this is influence. The more influential you are, the higher your Klout score.'  After you have built up your Klout score, you can start earning 'Perks', where partner companies of Klout hook up with influential people and offer them freebies... one guy in LA recently got a loan car (a brand new Audi) and took it on an expenses-paid road trip to San Francisco, pretty cool don't you think?!

I've been active on the site for around 1 week and my current score is: 59 (although this can fluctuate daily depending on your social media presence the day before).

Check out the website... let me know how you score by commenting!

Just a quick image to leave you with which I think sums up the larger social media sites really well (quite funny actually!)

That's all for today, check back in a few days or so... I'll be posting all about my favourite music of the moment and some recommendations on what singles/albums I think you should go buy!

Thanks for reading!

Charlie

Instagram / Twitter
@charlieturner_