WHAT TO DO AFTER UNIVERSITY? MY TRAVEL DILEMMA

What to do?...

Although my graduation isn't until 2015, I've been thinking about what I'm going to do after university. I imagine it's a question that most 20-something students ask themselves at some point throughout their university career. 

Employment is the obvious answer, but I think I want to do something exciting, something worthwhile before I head out there into the big-wide-world. However, I don't want to spend a whole year doing something, maybe just a month or so experiencing the world, hence why I asked "Is a gap-month the new gap-year?".

After uni I hope to secure a place on a graduate scheme, which will leave me a few months to do something exciting (depending on start dates etc). As a student, with limited funds, and only a few months to do something I had a look around at what I could do that would be fulfilling and not cost too much! Below are just a couple of my options:

InterRail - Not your everyday train ticket

InterRail was one of the first sites I came across when searching for exciting things to do after university. It's a global train pass allowing the holder to travel around Europe on a shoestring. The price varies depending where you want to travel and how long your ticket is valid for. The only negative aspect of InterRail is the fact that you have to pay to make compulsory reservations on certain trains (usually high speed connections between 2 countries). The pricing system for InterRail tickets is quite complex to explain in writing, so I've taken this table off their website



TEFL - Teaching English as a Foreign Language

As you may or may not know, I'm currently working for i-to-i TEFL as a marketing intern on my placement year. I'm currently taking a 160 hour TEFL course which will allow me to teach English as a foreign language all over the world. I'm pretty clued up on TEFL from working for the market leader, the only thing I would find hard is having to stay in one location, as most English teaching contracts are around a year long which means I'd have to stay in one place, I don't have the time to do that plus I want to explore and not just stay in one location!



There are so many more options for me to consider... I've found Gapyear.com to be a very informative website when looking at things I can do. 

Have you been on a gap year or travelled around Europe for just a short period of time? How was it? If you have any experience in travelling the world for a short period of time I'd love to hear from you! Contact me using the social icons below!


Thanks for reading today's post and check back soon for more!

Charlie