RIHANNA DIAMONDS WORLD TOUR - BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA 17/06/2013

"It was the BEST night of my life by far!"



On Friday evening a friend and I managed to get tickets to see Rihanna's Diamond World Tour at the LG Arena in Birmingham. I don't think I had ever been as excited as I was to go watch a performance! I've loved Rihanna since she released her debut album 7 years ago, hence the high level of excitement to go see her perform live! She's a multiple Grammy award winner, the most 'Liked' person on Facebook and continues to dominate the charts with every album/single release!

We set out at around 4:30pm so that we could reach there in time so that we weren't at the back of the arena. Before we got there we pre-booked 'Express Parking' at the NEC as it was within close proximity to the arena, which means we didn't have to catch those horrible shuttle buses haha! 

The gates opened to the arena at 6:30pm. After getting quite near to the front (around 20 people back), we waited about an hour for Rihanna's support act 'GTA' to start their performance. I would describe them as a DJ duo & they played everything from house music to the latest tracks in the UK top 40! Check them out on YouTube if you have the chance! 

After being on stage for a little over an hour, GTA finished their performance to make way for the one and only Rihanna! We waited a short while whilst the stage crew prepped the staging. It was spectacular, although not as big as I thought it would've been. There were numerous LED panels that moved around the stage ceiling as the show went on, as well as 2 huge video screens with a constant video stream of Rihanna herself (for the people at the back that didn't have a very good view).





Not so long after, the lights dimmed out and Rihanna's 'Mother Mary' song backing came through the speakers which resulted in an eruption of applause! The show went on and I had the time of my life, singing and dancing to EVERY single song (I know every word to every song, a little sad I know!). She sang most of the songs from her 'Unapologetic' album as well as her hits from the past 5 years (What's my name, Rude Boy, Umbrella etc). Check out the link below for the full setlist of the Birmingham show! 

Setlist for the show -  http://goo.gl/exUHR

I took a few photos/videos on my iPhone so the quality isn't too good but check them out above/below! 
*sorry for the loud screaming and shaking and any swearing (that was Rihanna haha)*


Please check out another video I recorded last night 'Diamonds - Rihanna'

The dancers, AMAZING, the staging, EPIC, the costumes, FLAWLESS...
RIHANNA NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!

I had such a good night at the LG Arena yesterday watching one of my favourite music artists perform! I'll definitely be buying tickets to her next world tour! 

Thanks for reading and check back soon for another blog post!

Charlie

Instagram / Twitter
@charlieturner_