Music of the Moment!

I'm going to try to start posting on my blog every few days now! Today's blog post will be about the 'Music of the Moment!'. From time to time I'll share with you what music I'm enjoying & listening to, through my YouTube and Spotify accounts! I haven't used iTunes for over a year now due to how much I enjoy using Spotify (it's great!)

Though Most people have heard of Spotify, not all have. It's a digital music streaming service with over 20 million members worldwide! There are 3 different types of accounts:

Free - Listeners can stream millions of songs for free on their desktop/laptop (however the streaming is constantly interrupted with ads)

Unlimited - Costing only £4.99 a month, users can stream unlimited, uninterrupted music ONLY on their desktop/laptop

Premium - This account costs £9.99 a month (or £4.99 with a valid NUS card). Users can stream unlimited music EVERYWHERE, on most devices, including; iPhone, iPad, Laptops and Desktop computers! 

I'm signed up for a Premium account. I pay only £4.99 a month for my music and it saves me so much money, if I didn't use the service I'd be paying hundreds of £'s for new music every month, so it's definitely worth it! I recommend it to anyone if you haven't heard of it!

Now onto 'Music of the Moment!'

I've chosen 3 artists/albums to talk about today! Some of the artists are from completely different music genres and they truly reflect my taste in music at the moment!

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories (iTunes £8.99)
Highest UK Chart Position - 1
Firstly I am in love with Daft Punk's new album 'Random Access Memories'. The Grammy award winning, electronic music duo have scored another number 1 with their 4th album to date! My favourite songs on the album are:
  • Instant Crush - feat. Julian Casablancas
  • Get Luck - feat. Pharrell Williams (the international number 1 single)
  • Beyond

Demi Lovato - DEMI (iTunes £8.99)
Highest UK Chart Position - NA
Released just one week ago, Demi Lovato's 4th album 'DEMI' has received generally positive reviews from critics in the music industry, including Billboard! I discovered the album earlier on today through Spotify and can't stop listening to it. It has some slow ballad type songs as well as electronic songs with strong beats! Definitely worth a listen! My favourite songs from the album are:

  • Never Been Hurt
  • Heart Attack
  • Neon Lights
  • Really Don't Care - feat. Cher Lloyd

Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops (iTunes £8.99)Highest UK Chart Position - NA
The final album I'm going to be recommending you take a listen to today is Emmelie de Forest's debut album 'Only Teardrops'. She is a 20 year old singer from Denmark and is most famously known for winning the 2013 Eurovision song contest with the song 'Only Teardrops' which recently charted at number 15 in the official UK top 40! Her voice reminds me of multi-platinum selling artist, Ellie Goulding. Take a listen to the album, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!  My favourite songs on the album are:
  • Hunter & Prey
  • Change (One of my favourite tracks of the moment!)
  • Only Teardrops - The winning song of the Eurovision song contest 2013


That's it for today's post and 'Music of the Moment!'

Take a listen to the albums I've written about even if they're not the type you'd usually go for, you might be pleasantly surprised! & also be sure to check out Spotify and sign up for an account if you haven't already done so, it is such a reliable service and will save YOU money!

Thanks for reading!

Charlie

Instagram / Twitter
@charlieturner_